Aug 28, 2017

Vacation Day #15 and 16

Yesterday was our last day in Gatlinburg. We walked over to our pancake place to eat breakfast. We talked about walking down to a pizza place. After all the walking at Dollywood the two days before I decided it was time to go on strike haha. Like everything else in Gatlinburg it was going to be up and down a mountain to get to the pizza place. My hurts hurt so I took the day off. We got food delivered to our hotel and just rested. I didn't even remember to blog that's how bad my strike was haha.

This morning we actually started the van and hit the road. Mom said she almost forgot how to drive. Here is where we made it to today...
Georgetown, Kentucky It's about 8 hours total to home so we drove 4 today and we'll do 4 tomorrow. We hit some rain today but it wasn't too bad. There was a Big Boy restaurant close to our hotel. So we grabbed food and got our room for the night. Hopefully we will be home tomorrow. I know my hubby and Izzy (our dog) will be glad to have us home.

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

So you went on strike, lol. But very understandable because vacation days can also be very strenuous when you are doing as much as you were doing. A day of rest is never bad. I wish you a safe drive back home.

Maggee said...

A day off while on vacation is allowed!! MORE Safe travels!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Even your hurts hurt! You poor thing, I think you need a holiday to get over your holiday.

Claudette497 said...

I'm glad you had a rest day - your trip looked amazing but exhausting. Safe travels.

Julie said...

Hoping you are home safely and enjoy cuddles with hubby and the dog.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh man, back to the real world! I'm so glad you had a great time, thanks for sharing it with us.