Nov 6, 2017

Monday Update

I have 6 days of progress into the 1st of the 4 Christmas Jars from the Dimension kit. I really LOVE working on this one. It's a nice change to stitch on the plastic canvas actually. Plus I'm really excited about when the stitching is done it's pretty much done. You cut it out, I think I'm going to put felt on the back, and add the hanger....done. Love that. It won't be sitting in my box of shame pouting like everything else haha.

Saturday we had a fun filled day. My Dad and Step Mom had a Halloween party at the family campground. We went down early to help decorate. They invited a lot of their work friends plus a lot of family showed up too. We ended up with TONS of laughs and great memories to last forever. I'm so thankful Dad got the crazy idea to build a family campground. It has sure made a gathering place where we can make countless memories. Sunday a close friend came down from Michigan and went with Fred to his radio event. Fred was just all smiles. We are again so lucky to have such close friends that we are just getting closer to each year. We are pretty much family. It was a yucky rainy stormy day but they had a blast. Plus I got to curl up with my stitching and DVR. It was another perfect weekend of fun and relaxation.

I hope everyone has a great week. Hopefully I'll be back soon to report on my first finished Christmas Jar.

8 comments:

Faith... said...

What a cute jar you finished! That is the nice part about those kits, stitch and done and there is no need for the Box of Shame.

Sounds like a great weekend.

Julie said...

These are so cute, simple finishes are sometimes the most effective.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I like your jar,your plan for finishing sounds perfect.

Preeti said...

The jar is very cute! That's what I like about plastic canvas, finishing is easy. Glad to know you had a funfilled family time:)

Mii Stitch said...

These look like so much fun to stitch! They will look great as ornaments. I can't wait to see your collection :)

Rhona said...

What a lovely design....looking forward to seeing more of them :)

Maggee said...

Loving those jars stitched up! It IS so nice to relax and just stitch... :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These jars are really great ornaments.
The Hallowe'en party sounds like so much fun too.