Jan 22, 2018

Monday after IHSW Update

This weekend was the 3rd full weekend of the month. That means it's IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). Perfect excuse to warn the family, grab your stitching, and stitch the weekend away.

My last post I said I was thinking of working on one of my new Mill Hill kits. I had heard them screaming to be started. Thursday I couldn't wait any longer and I started Cabin Fever. I got one little section started and then the real screaming began but not from the Mill Hill anymore. This was a very loud screaming from across the room. It was not to be ignored. I walked over to my WIP tote and seen my HAED Hold on to Hope jumping up and down. Me Me ME!!! Okay Okay. How could I ignore her?
Here is the close up on where she was when I started working on her Friday morning. The last time she was out was May 25, 2016!! I don't blame her for being mad.
Friday I got 624 stitches in and finished the column off.
Saturday morning we did a quick grocery run to Costco so that took some time. Then this section was full of confetti (lots of color changes) stitching. So I was only able to get 232 stitches in.
Sunday I got 299 more stitches in. Here is the whole piece now...
She is very happy to have a total of 1,155 stitches put in this weekend. You can see in the whole picture how close I am to being finished. So I'm bet her screaming won't be hushed till she is hanging with pride on the wall.

I will be back in another post soon with my giveaway announcement. A few chores have to be done first since I put off over the weekend.

12 comments:

Faith... said...

She looks awesome Katie and I am glad she was screaming to get out of the box so we could see her again! Looks like she is close to a finish!

Justine said...

Lovely lovely Hope! I hadn't realised how beautiful the fabric is. She's going to look awesome framed and hanging on your wall. Come on you can do it!

Pam said...

Great progress over the weekend! I'm excited to see her finished up. Definitely wont be long now! Stitch on : )

Rachel said...

Is it really THAT long since we last saw Hope? You made great progress over the weekend - over one thousand stitches is no mean feat for an HAED - so let's 'hope' she remains screaming loudly until you finish her! :)

Joysze said...

We’re very happy she got your attention too!!!

Carol said...

Such an amazing project, Katie! Hope is so pretty :)

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching and you made a wonderful progress ! :)

Brigitte said...

So good that you picked this WIP after a long time. She is so beautiful and not far from being finished. Great work on her.

Tiffstitch said...

Fantastic work! So you're going to finish this one off? Good luck! I hope you're through the more confetti heavy sections.

Julie said...

Fabulous progress, well done Katie. You'll soon have another finish this year.

Renee said...

Katie, has it really been that long?! Wow. Time does fly. Hold onto Hope looks amazing! Way to go with the progress you made over the weekend. She is sooo close to a finish. How fun!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

2016? Really? I am sure you can knock her out and stop the screaming LOL