Feb 19, 2018

Monday after IHSW Update

Here is my progress after IHSW (International Hermit Stitch Weekend). I have 4 days into the July Snapshot from Pine Mountain Designs now. Friday I finished up the first block and got the outlines done on the other blocks. Saturday I didn't get stitching time (stay tuned to find out why). Sunday I finished up the 2nd block and started the last one.

Saturday my sweet hubby helped me run some errands. For those who don't know...I don't drive. I just hate it and I'm not very good at it. Plus with mom not driving yet my dear hubby has been helping a lot. So he took me to my LNS here in our town. They have fantastic framing at wonderful prices. So I delivered Hold on to Hope to be framed. Now to wait impatiently for it to be done haha. Of course I couldn't leave the store empty handed. Since Lizzie Kate announced her retirement I decided I better get the pieces of hers I wanted while I could find them...
 
 
I got the Flip It's, Flip It's Bits, and the Flip It's Charms. (I think that's what they are called). I saw some other things but I get to go to my favorite LNS this Friday (House of Stitches in Laporte Indiana) so I figured I would spread the love a bit. We had some other stops to make and ate a delicious lunch at a new to us restaurant. We really enjoyed our time together. When we got home we decided to make it a movie night and watched two movies on Netflix. We watched Cloverfield Paradox and The Ritual. Cloverfield was very good and told the story of where the monster came from in the first Cloverfield movie. The Ritual was spooky. It was about these 4 guys that went hiking and got attacked by a monster type thing. It was scary and definitely made me not want to hike or camp for a bit haha.

We have been deep cleaning/emptying out junk we don't need. We have a catch all room that we had sit several boxes in when we moved into this house (10 years ago). Mom and me started the work but several boxes had Fred and me wrote on it so Sunday we decided to look through the boxes. Wow what a dork to keep the stuff we did when we moved. It should have been trash then. Now instead it has taken up space in this home for 10 years. I even had a box with toilet paper and wash clothes in it. No wonder I couldn't find our wash clothes haha. LOL So we loaded up the truck full of trash and 8 bags to go to goodwill. Feels good to get rid of stuff. Even though it was IHSW and not what I wanted to be doing haha. So that explain why I didn't get more stitching done. You have to do what you have to do when you have time to do it right?

Now we have a 4 day week because we have fun out of town plans with friends this coming weekend. So let's get this week over already. Have a great one!!

11 comments:

Pam said...

Good for you getting to purge some things! That haul thought!!! I too got a couple of L*K things @ my LNS. Lucky for me I had a gift card so I didn't spend my stitch from stash budget : ). Congrats on all your progress. Stitch on!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lot of L*K! I have this feeling she is going to turn around and say "joke, thanks for paying for my cruise though" and carry on designing. Or maybe that's wishful thinking?
I did spend some time sorting out my craft corner. I hoard paperwork in carrier bags in chronological order instead of filing it away properly!

Rachel said...

It's a shame you missed out on IHSW in order to declutter but, I agree, it's something you have to do when you're in the mood. On a more positive note, look at how much more space you've created for potential new stash ;)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great collection of Lizzie Kate - it's always good to have a clear out.

Preeti said...

You got lots of LK shopping done. I am tempted to believe what Jo said about LK :D
It is good to declutter once in a while, helps create more breathing space.

Joysze said...

The paragraph about toilet paper and wash clothes had me ROFL!!! Nice purchases with all those LK designs, Katie!!! and cleaning house is important! Great going!!!

Julie said...

Good progress and nice new goodies you purchased.

Justine said...

We must have been twins this last weekend...we are also in the midst of a major declutter and also saw the Cloverfield Paradox! I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see Hope framed!

Maggee said...

Wow--that is a LOT of LK stash! Phew! Nice and easy stitches tho! I look forward to see Hold on to Hope framed in the near future! Hugs!

Faith... said...

Your Snapshot looks great! WOW - awesome LK finds! I used to love going to The House of Stitches, especially when they have their fundraiser in the parking lot where people come to sell off their craft supplies; lots of great bargains are found there.

Astrids dragon said...

Look at that, lucky you! I know you'll have those stitched up in no time.
Finding "treasures" you'd forgotten about and then donating them, priceless! I've been cleaning up too, way too much stuff.
I saw both of those movies recently too. I think I need to watch Cloverfield again, I don't remember it!