Apr 5, 2018

Happy Dance

I'm here to share a Happy Dance with my readers. I marked another piece off my YOW (Year of Works in Progress) list last night. Tuesday I decided to take a break from the Ocean in the Bottle for the rest of this week. So I picked up one of my Erica Michael pieces Ocean of Wisdom. Last time I worked on it was in October and I was here...
After Tue and Wed I was able to get it finished up...
(Finish #12) April 4th, 2018
Ocean of Wisdom from Erica Michaels
Stitched on 40ct Silk Gauze
Used Suggested DMC Threads
Started Jan 19, 2016. Took 8 Days.

Every time I work on the silk gauze I just fall more in love with it. Yes it's tiny. Yes it was scary the first time but I swear I love it more each stitch. It's so delicate and just tiny. It's really not that hard to see with good lighting. Because it's gauze I think it's easier to see then 40ct fabric. I'm glad I have many many more Erica Michael charts to pick from in my backup endless stash. I have an idea for how to finish these tiny gauze pieces hopefully after a trip to Hobby Lobby in the next few weeks so stay tuned for that hopefully.

13 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Congratulations Katie on a beautiful and delicate finish.

Julie said...

I agree with the sentiment, the coast always makes me happy (and I know it does you too) x
Great little finish

Brigitte said...

Great finish, Katie, congratulations. This is such a lovely piece. I also like to stitch on 40ct fabric and you are right with good lighting and in my case a good magnifier it's not difficult to use.

Maggee said...

That is a wonderful finish. Can't wait to see how you finish it! Hugs!

Preeti said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish:)

Justine said...

What a beautiful finish! I really think this is so appropriate for you. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Stitching Noni said...

Love your beautiful finish :)

Carol said...

It looks wonderful, Katie! Beautiful stitching :)

Rhona said...

What a pretty design and wonderful stitching! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

Faith... said...

Looks great Katie! Can't believe you have 12 finishes this year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance! I love these silk gauze pieces too. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Astrids dragon said...

The happy dance, awesome! It looks great, did you figure out how to finish it yet? I haven't tried gauze yet, but you made it look easy.

Rachel said...

You still have my total admiration for stitching on such high count fabric, which makes the congratulations for your Happy Dance twice as frantic! Now to wait and see what you've got planned to finish it off... :)